MaxxTrader is a global FX Trading Platform, whose EMS solution is sought by major global financial institutions – banks, broker dealers and hedge funds – to better-connect their FX trading desks with liquidity providers, wherever they are, through proprietary distribution connectors.
MaxxTrader’s all-in-one platform covers the complete FX trade cycle, is built for turn-key activation and is flexible to enable customers’ unique requirements & strategies.
MaxxTrader has a team of passionate, ‘get it done’ visionaries who are client-focused and strategically minded with their sights set on building better trading solutions for the institutional FX trader.
The MaxxTrader Infrastructure Team is looking for a Platform Engineer to provide a vital premier service to its customers globally and to fulfil MaxxTrader’s aims and objectives. You will be based in Singapore and provide platform services for MaxxTrader’s worldwide operation. Our on-prem data centre platform is a virtualised Linux environment where innovation and automation are key.
You will have the opportunity to shape the future success of MaxxTrader’s mission-critical platform in this fast-growing fintech. Your passion, knowledge and drive for innovation will propel you to design, implement and support high-quality services, adding value to our users and the organization.
- Implementing and supporting MaxxTrader’s platforms during Singapore working hours
- Hosted server architecture and systems administration, which is currently virtual machines / Linux on Dell hardware
- Providing an ongoing blend of project work and general BAU support services
- Ensuring efficient deployment and standard configuration management through automation
- Troubleshooting issues and handle incident escalations (occasionally out-of-hours) while promoting production change management processes and procedures
- Interfacing with all levels of the business and constantly strive to achieve total internal customer satisfaction
- Bringing your own ideas to optimise and further automate the MaxxTrader platform stack
- Good experience of working with Unix and perhaps, more recently, modern cloud technology
- Substantial experience in the deployment and management of Linux servers
- Good knowledge of managing virtual machines
- Knowledge of Storage devices / NFS
- Demonstratable knowledge of Rest APIs, Git, PKI and SSL certificates, RedHat/Fedora, DNS, Mail, LDAP and kernel-level debugging is also highly desirable
- Experience in automation and management of platform configuration using Ansible, Python, Nornir or similar
- Scripting/coding experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Approachable and a team player
- Self-motivated, organised, adaptable and a quick learner
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Experience of working in the financial sector could also be beneficial. However, we will offer relevant financial training to the successful candidate
- A degree in a related field, such as Engineering or Computer Science is desirable