MaxxTrader is a global FX Trading Platform, whose EMS solution is sought by major global financial institutions – banks, broker dealers and hedge funds – to better-connect their FX trading desks with liquidity providers, wherever they are, through proprietary distribution connectors.
MaxxTrader’s all-in-one platform covers the complete FX trade cycle, is built for turn-key activation and is flexible to enable customers’ unique requirements & strategies.
MaxxTrader has a team of passionate, ‘get it done’ visionaries who are client-focused and strategically minded with their sights set on building better trading solutions for the institutional FX trader.
The APAC Security Officer will report globally to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) with a local dotted line to the MaxxTrader Head of Technology. The MaxxTrader Security team are responsible for maintaining the security posture across SGX FX businesses which includes MaxxTrader.
The APAC Security Officer role requires an in-depth and practical experience of a broad range of technical, administrative and operational security controls, together with communication skills adaptable to clients and all staff.
Technical security experience should include in-depth of knowledge of perimeter and endpoint protection together with an understanding of Windows and UNIX operating systems and networking systems. The candidate should understand and be comfortable with all the broad elements of Information Security and Business Continuity from Data Leakage Protection, vulnerability scanning, patching to Incident Management and Disaster Recovery.
Administrative and operational security experience should include supporting the CISO in the development of high-level security policies, operational procedures and guidelines within the context of a highly entrepreneurial organisation.
Communication skills are critical, both oral and written. They will be expected to support the CISO in completing due diligence questionnaires and managing any APAC related cyber security audits. Additionally, they will be required to form part of the Global Cyber Incident Response Team. Belief in security and conscientiousness is paramount.
The APAC Security Officer will provide local hands-on support for Information (Cyber) Security and Business Continuity set by the global CISO. They will have local responsibility for controls and processes to protect the SGX FX businesses from internal and external threats.
- Driving the CISO’s strategy for Deployment of Cyber Security and Business Continuity Technologies and Services
- Providing local technical direction and input for SGX FX’s continuous cyber security programme
- Applying Corporate Office security checks and controls such as those available with Microsoft 365
- Providing high-level monitoring and response across the suite of security tools
- Act as point of contact for regional client RFP activities. Assist with client security assurance activities where required. Ensure that controls are aligned with client expectations where possible
- Attend quarterly Risk Committee meetings and support the Global CISO
- Perform security risk assessments, documenting and tracking within the risk register
- Assessing security vulnerabilities and hacking threats in network, client and host systems
- Liaising with external vendors and agencies on Cyber security threats and vulnerabilities
- Tracking latest Information Security innovations and keeping abreast of latest Cyber Security technologies
- Communicating with key stakeholders about Information Security threats
- Overseeing the investigation of APAC reported Cyber security issues
- Supporting the organisation in compliance with latest IT and Data Security regulation and best practice
- Promoting communication and training on Cyber Security awareness across the APAC business
- Supporting the CISO in annual Crisis Management Team desktop exercises
- Managing, arranging and running APAC MaxxTrader penetration tests
- Degree in Computer science or Information technology related fields
- CISSP or CISM certification
- Minimum of 5 years of information security experience
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as SOC2 or MAS TRM
- Understanding of SDLC processes and implementations.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, client service orientation and resilience
- Strong organisational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple tasks
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving IT landscape and keep pace with latest thinking and new security technologies and solutions
- Keep up to date with the latest threats and vulnerabilities
- Form business partnerships that help drive the Information Security strategy forward
- Service oriented, adaptable and resilient
- Good team player with a positive attitude