We are seeking a full-time Accounts Assistant for our entity in Singapore. The Accounts Assistant is responsible for all accounting activities, including compliance-related activities, assisting with audit schedules preparation, filing of TDS/GST, month-end closing, balance sheet reconciliation, and payment and receipt processing. The role is part of the Central Services Unit (CSU), a new and vital SGX division with a direct relationship with MaxxTrader but will have some cross-over with other business units within scope.
The role will report to the Asst—Financial Controller with interactions with the wider CSU.
Accounts Payable Functions
- Ensure that the authorization matrix appropriately seeks the payment approval of invoices.
- Ensure accurate coding of expenses and recording of such expenses
- Check the reimbursement of staff claims and record corporate credit card expenses to the appropriate GL
- Process payments for invoices and staff claim on a timely basis
- Prompt update of prices in the accounting system
- Monitor bank balances and manage payment funding
- Ensure procurements complied with procurement SOP
- Prepare monthly TDS and GST reports for our India office
Accounts Receivable Functions
- Handle the monthly billing process by ensuring timely and accurate invoicing to customers.
- Handle inquiries, supporting all invoicing and billing support functions for external and internal customers.
- Review sales contracts to ensure accurate billing
- Prompt update of receipts in the accounting system
- Research account disputes and billing discrepancies
- Assist in monthly revenue review process, including estimating monthly revenue accruals for BD2 with validation by BD5 and analyzing all variances. e.g., review provisioning policy and provide doubtful debt provisioning for month-end close process
- Prepare and monitor the A/R aging report
- Liaison and interaction with other CSU units on best practices and assistance as required
- Assist in the month-end close process. E.g., performing bank and intercompany reconciliation.
- Assist in the preparation of month-end balance sheet schedules and year-end audit schedules.
- Coordinate with our third-party accounting consultant to manage periodic financial-related activities, e.g., various corporate tax filing, GST/TDS filing, etc.
- Co-ordinate with our third-party company secretarial to ensure all compliance documents are filed on time.
- Assist external consultant in Transfer Pricing study and implementation of TP model.
- Fixed assets accounting and management
- Work on special projects, automation, workflow process improvements, and control environment opportunities both locally and across the CSU
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned
Experience and Skills:
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 1-2 years of accounting and reporting experience
- Experience working in an international company and comfortable working across different time zones
- Customer Service – responds promptly to internal and external stakeholders’ needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills required
- Close attention to detail, ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast-changing environment
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Business Centre experience, or SAP, Oracle knowledge preferred
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations